CaddyShack Slots Machine
CaddyShack is a comedy movie based around golf which hit the cinema screens back in 1980. The film has gained something of a cult following since and has been named as one of the funniest sports movies of all time. The film stars both Chevy Chase and Bill Murray who provide the comedy aspect and was directed by Harold Ramis. It might have taken until 2015, but this online slot based upon the movie is a welcome addition to any casino. The game is an unusual one in that there are only nine symbols in play, each symbol having its own reel, while what really sets this game apart are the numerous features which appear regularly throughout your gaming.
Unique 3-Reel Setup – How the Caddy Shack Slot Works
At first glance you might think this WMS design is one with a simple three reels, set up in the 3×3 configuration. In general, three reel slots are not as exciting and offer fewer creative opportunities than their 5 reel counterparts. However, you’ll soon realize that though there are only nine symbols in play, each of these symbols has its own independent reel, meaning that you could feasibly see the same nine symbols across the entire slot.
Across these nine reels there are a total of 8 win lines, which are horizontal, vertical and diagonal, which will certainly gives the slot a completely original feel. To win on any of these win-lines, you’ll need to land three symbols in a row, although these can be aided by the wild symbol, which is represented by a golf ball with the word ‘wild’ on the ball. The reels are populated mainly by characters from the film including Ty Webb (Chevy Chase), Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) and Lacey Underall (Cindy Morgan).
The Caddy Shack Slot Features
While the base game is an interesting one, this game is really all about the features and with a total of seven different features, there is plenty to keep you occupied. To enter one of the features you’ll need to land three ‘gold club’ symbols anywhere on the reels (these golf clubs appear as smaller images alongside the standard symbols). You’ll now touch the screen to play a golf shot and the ball will career around a series of holes which represent each feature – eventually the ball will land in one of the holes and the feature will begin.
- Improve Your Lie – Golf club cheat Judge Elihu Smails will improve his lie by kicking his ball into a better spot and each time he does it, an extra wild will appear on the reels.
- Zingers – Land this feature and you’ll land an instant credit win, awarded to you by Al Czervik, the obnoxious business man (look out for the dreadful multi-colored jacket he wears).
- Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na Random Wilds – This feature represents one of the funniest parts of the movie when Chevy chase’s Ty Webb character sinks putt after putt. Every time he hits the ball, another wild symbol is added to the reels, making for some potentially very big wins.
- Gopher’s Wild – This feature sees the gopher tunnel underneath the reels, leaving a trail of wild symbols in its wake. Once again, you have another bonus feature where the wilds take center stage.
- I’m Alright Free Spins – Here you’ll be given a random number of free spins, awarded to you by Danny Noonan, the caddy.
- During these free spins, you’ll collect golf clubs and if you manage to collect three, you’ll enter one of the two following features:
- Cinderella Story – Here you’ll keep playing until you win, with a random multiplier added to your total win, the multiplier going all the way up to 50x.
- The Best Game of My Life – This feature sees Bishop Fred Pickering curse god after missing a putt and then gets struck by lightning. This lightning strike awards a random multiplier.
Plenty of Video Clips – Slot Design
The Caddyshack slots machine is played out on the Twinstar cabinet, featuring a smaller game screen, while the bonus feature plays out on the larger screen above. Throughout the game, you’ll find video clips from the movie and fans of the film will certainly enjoy each of the iconic moments featured. The base game is set against the backdrop of a golf course, while each character appears within a colorful circular frame, giving the game a distinctive look.
Hole in One or a Double-Bogey? CaddyShack Slot Overview
This movie themed slot designed slot by WMS is certainly very different. The nine reels and the 3×3 configuration is highly original, while the fact that there are seven bonus games does keep the interest levels high. The only small criticism is that a number of the bonus features effectively do the same job of adding wilds to the reels, where a little more variety would have been better – another feature or two outside of the reels would have improved the gameplay. Nevertheless, the CaddyShack slot is a very playable one that deserves your attention.
The film CaddyShack is based around a caddy whose aim is to make enough money to go to college. Danny often acts as a caddy for Ty Webb, a talented golfer and Judge Elihu Smails, the co-founder of the Bushwood Country Club where all of the action takes place. Much of the film is based around the rivalry between Smails and the obnoxious Al Czervik, who eventually declares his intention that he simply wants to buy the golf club for land.
The climax of the movie is a big money match between Smails and regular golfing partner Dr Beeper on one side, with Ty Webb and Al Czervick on the other. When Czervick gets in injured, Danny Noonan steps in and has the final difficult putt. Without spoiling the outcome, this match defining moment involves gophers!
CaddyShack was released on July 25th 1980 and would make more than $3 million on its opening weekend, eventually making almost $40 million. While reviews at the time weren’t all positive, the movie has now gained a cult following, with Tiger Woods stating that it is his favorite film.