Mustang Money 2 Slot Review
Wild horses can’t keep excited players away from the sequel to Ainsworth Gaming’s hit video slots games, Mustang Money. In Mustang Money 2, the follow-up game, players have plenty of opportunities to score, with five reels and twenty total play lines. The icons represent the wild horses that thunder across the desert and capture the wild spirit of the West. With an easy entry level standard game and an exciting Bonus Round, Mustang Money 2 offers plenty to keep slots players new and old alike on the edge of their seat in anticipation.
To begin playing Mustang Money 2, choose your wagers, play lines, and simply spin the reels. Low-value icons in Mustang Money 2 are the 9, 10, Jack, Queen, and King. Detailed and colorful high-value symbols include shining gold bars, soaring Bald Eagles, and a canyon drenched in a blazing sunset.
- Choose your wager per line and total lines to play from the Bet screen – the cogwheel at the bottom left
- Click the rotating green arrows to begin
- Once the reels spin, you may stop them early with the red square that replaces the start arrows
- Use the + symbol beside the start to engage Autoplay. Players can set up to 25 games at a time to auto spin
- Use the Bet button at the bottom of the screen to quickly increase or decrease wagers per line
Keep a close watch for the Golden Dollar Sign to appear – it’s the top paying symbol. Payouts from these start when just two hit the reels. Two, three, four, and five Golden Dollars will pay out 5, 50, 100, or 1000 coins, respectively. Finally, the Wild Horse is the hottest symbol to look for. A firey red mustang, this icon is both the wild and the scatter symbol.
Features & Bonus Rounds
Mustang Money 2’s pokies use bold graphics and encouraging audio make the game exciting and eye-catching. The differently colored high-value icons are visible as the reels spin – a challenge for even veteran players to stop at the right moment, but not out of reach. The low-value symbols are beautifully rendered yet unobtrusive, making it easier to concentrate on scoring those high-value horses.
The game creators have done players a favor by featuring the wild mustang as both the scatter symbol and wild card. The firey red catches the eye, and the animated flames coming from the horses head make it both exciting and easily seen. The horse will land only on the middle three reels during the base game, but when three in the same spin hit, the Free Games bonus feature activates.
The Bonus Feature in Mustang Money 2 affords the lucky player ten free spins. Land 3 of them on the same spin and you’ll trigger the Free Games feature where you can look forward to 10 free spins. When the bonus round activates, the game switches direction, and the eagerly anticipated Mustang Money Symbol comes into play.
- Mustang money symbol on reels 1 and 5 activates the Mustang Money feature
- Reels 1 and 5 fill with wild horses – these wild icons are locked into place
- The player is given a respin option
- If you make another match, a larger payout occurs. This varies depending on the symbols matched and the player’s own wager
- You can trigger re-spins in this feature – three more wild horses will earn another five spins
The number of free spins in the bonus round has no cap. If the reels are falling your way – or if you have exceptional eye-hand coordination and are able to stop the reels when it matters – then you have the potential for bigger payouts. Rewards can go up to 2000 per spin when you’ve hit the maximum wagers.
Mustang Money 2 is an upgrade from the original – better quality graphics, more immersive sounds, and a bonus round that provides plenty of anticipation will please fans of the original Mustang Money. Less experienced slots players should be able to pick up the game fairly quickly, and experienced gamers will still find plenty of challenging fun.