Rules for Let it Ride Poker
If you like to play poker games such as Texas Hold’em, then you may like Let It Ride. Let it Ride is a popular table game offered at many online casinos and has both the elements of Texas Hold’em and Video Poker.
If you don’t know how to play Let It Ride, no problem. We will give you the lowdown on how to play along with some basic tip to get you winning right away.
How to Play Let It Ride
If you are familiar with Texas Hold’em, then Let it Ride will be simple to pick up. The game works similarly to the popular poker game, but you’re only trying to make poker hands. You’re not trying to beat anyone, including the dealer.
Let It Ride Hand Ranking
For those that don’t already know how to play poker, it’s helpful to know the ranks of poker hands before you play. Here is a list of poker hand in order of strength,
- High Card
- Pair -Two cards of the same ranking.
- Two Pair – Hand with two pairs.
- Three of a Kind – Three cards of the same rank, such as three kings.
- Straight – Five cards in sequence but not of the same suit, such as 5-6-7-8-9.
- Flush – Five cards of the same suit, but not in sequence, such as five clubs.
- Full House – Hand containing both a pair and three of a kind. Such as K-K-K-10-10.
- Four of a Kind – Four cards of the same rank, such as four jacks.
- Straight Flush – Five cards both in sequence and the same suit, such as 6-7-8-9-10 of diamonds.
- Royal Flush – The Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10 of the same suit. The highest possible hand in poker.
Let It Ride Order Of Play
Here’s how a hand of Let it Ride poker will play out at the tables. This game works similarly to Video Poker in that only hands of a pair of tens or better are paid out. Anything less is scooped up by the house.
- First, you will make three bets of equal size in the circles marked $, 2, and 1.
- Next, all players will get three cards and the dealer will deal two community cards face down in the center of the table.
- If you don’t like the cards dealt to you, you can pull the bet in the 1 spot. Otherwise, Let It Ride.
- Next, the first community card will be flipped over. After evaluating your hand you can either pull the bet back in the 2 spot or Let it Ride.
- The dealer now flips over the last community card. You can’t pull back the $ bet and it will be played regardless.
- Finally, the dealer pays out hands according to the payout chart.
Let It Ride Payout Table
Here’s a typical payout table for Let It Ride:
- Pair of Tens Through Aces – 1 to 1
- Two Pair – 2 to 1
- Three of a Kind – 3 to 1
- Straight – 5 to 1
- Flush – 8 to 1
- Full House – 11 to 1
- Four of a Kind – 50 to 1
- Straight Flush – 200 to 1
- Royal Flush – 1,000 to 1
Basic Let It Ride Strategy
Similar to regular poker, you’re going to need a solid strategy to give yourself the best chance to win in this game. If you’re someone that likes to play a lot of hands, this game is not going to be for you as playing every hand will lose you a lot of money.
Here’s a basic, solid strategy for Let it Ride poker.
Strategy For First Three Cards
After you are dealt your first three cards, Let it Ride in the following scenarios:
- · You have a payable hand (Pair of tens or greater).
- · Three Royal Flush cards.
- · Three cards to a straight flush (such as 7-8-9 of spades).
- · Three straight flush cards with a high card (such as 8-9-J of hearts).
- · Three straight flush cards and two high cards (such as 9-J-Q of clubs).
For all other hands, pull back your first bet.
Strategy After First Community Card Dealt
Once the first community card is revealed, you should Let It Ride in the following scenarios:
- · Payable hands (Pair of Tens or higher)
- · Four cards of the same suit
- · Open-ended straight draw (such as 8-9-10-J)
- · Four high cards (10 or higher)
You should pull your bet back in all other scenarios. Lower gutshot straight draws are tempting to play, but you will lose money doing so.
If your casino offers side bets for your Let it Ride game, the smart play is to avoid them as they have a huge house edge.
Keep in mind that even with a solid strategy, the house still has an edge of 3.5%. You will experience streaks in both directions with this game.