How to Play Sic Bo at Online Casinos
Sic Bo is a fun online casino game that you will find at many real money online casinos. The game has elements of both craps and roulette and is very easy to learn. Today, we will teach you the basics of playing Sic Bo along with some basic strategies to help you win more often.
Rules of Playing Sic Bo
If you’re used to playing craps, then Sic Bo will look somewhat familiar. The game is an ancient Chinese dice game that’s played with three dice. Unlike craps, you’re only making bets on single rolls of the dice. There are not multi-roll bets like you find in craps games.
One thing that’s a bit confusing about Sic Bo is the number of bets available. This is similar to roulette where you can bet on various numbers and combinations. Fortunately, the bets are somewhat simple once you know what to look for. Here are some of the bets you can make on a Sic Bo table:
- Small – For this bet, you’re wagering that the total of the dice will be from 4 to 10. However, you will lose if a triple is rolled. This bet pays 1 to 1.
- Big – For this bet, you’re wagering the total to be from 11 to 17. Again, triples are a losing bet and this also pays 1 to 1.
- Doubles – Two of the three dice will be the same number, such as double threes. You must select a specific double. This bet pays 11 to 1.
- Triples – You’re betting that a specific three of a kind will be rolled, such as triple threes. This bet pays 180 to 1 and is the highest paying bet in the game.
- Any Triple – You’re betting that a triple will land, but you don’t have to pick the exact one. This pays 30 to 1.
Combinations, Totals, and More
There are other speculative bets you can make on the table with varying odds. Let’s take a look at some of them:
Combinations – You’re betting on a specific combination of numbers, such as 3 and 2. This pays 6 to 1 normally. Some games pay 5 to 1.
Single Numbers – You’re betting one or more dice will roll a number. For example, you can bet on four. If one four lands, you get even money. Two fours would win 2 to 1, and a triple will win 3 to 1.
Totals – You’re betting on the total for each roll. You can bet any total from 4 to 17. The payouts on this bet vary based on the total bet. Here’s the payscale for total bets:
- 4 and 17 – 60:1
- 5 and 16 – 20:1
- 6 and 15 – 15:1
- 7 and 14 – 12:1
- 8 and 13 – 8 :1
- 9 and 12 – 6:1
- 10 and 11 – 6:1
Keep in mind that you can make multiple wagers in this game, similar to what you can do in craps and roulette.
Sic Bo Betting Strategy
Sic Bo bets have a higher house edge as a whole over other games like blackjack. The best bets in the game are the Small and Big Bets with a house edge of 2.78%. From there, the best bets are Single Dice Bets at 7.87% and combination bets of 7 and 14 at 9.72%
When playing this game, you want to avoid making too many bets at once. Your best option would be to make two lower-risk bets, such as Big or Small, and a Single Digit. You can also consider making a lower-risk bet and a higher-risk bet.
The key to Sic Bo strategy is to keep your losses lower as the game is a game of luck. Keeping you losses down will help you to walk away either a winner or at a minimal loss.