How to Play Cribbage by 1×2 Gaming
A game you don’t see too often at real money online casinos is Cribbage. Cribbage is a fun card table game you will find at select online casinos. The main version you’ll see comes from 1×2 gaming. Today, you’ll learn how to play Cribbage from 1×2 gaming. The game is very simple to learn and is a fun change of pace from online slots or blackjack.
How to Play Cribbage
Cribbage is a simple card game where the object is to score more points than the dealer. Both the player and the dealer are dealt four cards face up. A fifth card is then dealt to the side. This is known as the crib. The crib card is a community card that can be played by both the player and the dealer.
Prior to receiving cards, you will select the chip denomination you wish to bet and then click that chip. This will place the bet. You’ll then click the Deal button to begin play.
After you click Deal, the hand is dealt and the winner is determined automatically. If your hand wins, you will win even money on your bet. If you tie the dealer, the bet pushes. That’s it! Similar to baccarat, there’s nothing else you need to do. The game takes care of everything else, including determining the winner.
Once the winner is determined, the game will break down every point scored by both players by highlighting cards that score points and telling how those points were scored. Let’s learn a bit more about how points are scored.
Winning Hands in Cribbage
In this game, points are scored based on the combinations of the cards in your hand and the card in the crib. The dealer can also use the card in the crib. Here are how points are scored in the game:
- Sum to 15 – For every combination of 2, 3, or 4 cards that total 15, you will get 2 points.
- Straight – You will get points for every 3-card, 4-card, and 5-card run in your hand. You get 3 points for a 3-card run, 4 points for a 4-card run, and 5 points for a 5-card run.
- Flush – If all the cards in your hand make a flush, you get 4 points. If you have a five-card flush including the crib card, you get 5 points.
- Pairs – For every pair in your hand, you get 2 points. Three of a kind is considered three pairs and awards 6 points. Quads are considered six pairs and award 12 points.
- For His Heels – If the crib card is a jack, the dealer gets an automatic 2 points. The player will not get two points.
As you can guess, each hand will have multiple opportunities to score points. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about deciphering these points as the computer does it automatically.
Cribbage a Simple Game With a Reasonable House Edge
Cribbage is one of the easiest games to play at online casinos. That’s because all you have to do is place a bet. There’s no strategy involved in playing the game. In a lot of ways, it’s like playing a table game slot machine. The big difference is that the RTP is a bit better than most online slot games.
Cribbage from 1×2 Gaming has an RTP of 97.2%, giving it a house edge of 2.8%. While games like blackjack have a lower house edge, the house edge is not as gross as some craps bets. If you’re looking for something a little different to play, keep an eye out for Cribbage. It is easy to learn and can be quite profitable.